I had the amazing opportunity to work as the 3D lead for a collaborative game project between my school and NASA focusing on the NASA Astrobee program. We had 6 weeks to work on this project in the fall of 2021 and my team was tasked with replacing the block out of the International Space Station with our own assets and adhering to the concept art provided by our 2D team.
This game is still in an early alpha stage and was built to target tablet and mobile platforms.
As the 3D Art Lead for the NASA Main project I was responsible for the following:
- Planned project progress and assigned tasks through Trello
- Communicated consistently with the 3D art team, 2D art team, design team, and project directors
- Performed group critiques every week on all 3D work
- Created and maintained naming convention and file guidelines
- Established modeling and texturing workflows to be used during production
- Created documentation describing the specific workflows and requirements
- Performed live demos for team members to answer questions or showcase necessary workflow steps
- Ensured the art style remained consistent throughout the semester
- Monitored, maintained, and uploaded the live Unity project in Perforce
- Made modeling adjustments to meshes when necessary
- Helped my team build out the level layout based on concept art and real-world references
- Imported meshes, textures, and created materials in Unity